The Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) is the largest private heritage organization in Washington State. MOHAI is dedicated to enriching lives by preserving, sharing and teaching the diverse history of Seattle, the Puget Sound region and the nation. MOHAI opened its doors in February 1952, evolving from the Seattle Historical Society, formed in 1911.
Through exhibits, lectures, workshops, educational program and community events, MOHAI fosters an appreciation for the diverse history of the region.
- Nearby History - Teaches citizens to conduct historical research via workshops and seminars.
- Education Programs - On site programming such as Cracking the Code and School Museum and Outreach programs including Portable Museum and Teacher & Trunk.
- Summer Tours - Explore local history via walking and boat tours focused on specific aspects such as architecture, gardening, the environment, etc.
- Lecture Series - Join historians and experts on topics related to a theme and/or exhibit at MOHAI.
- Events can be accessed at our website - www.mohai.org/calendar.